Monday, November 19, 2012

Breaking into the Retail Market: Putting My Felted Goodies into the Customers' Hands

I've been so busy felting and juggling all the other aspects of my life that I've been neglecting my blog.  And, as usual, I have a backlog of felted goodies that I have yet to list in my Etsy shop.  The truth is I've been a bit disillusioned with Etsy.  I think people need to see and touch my felted wares in person.  Ideally, I'd like to do craft shows, but the lead times are long.  I have an application in to do the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival this May, but I'm getting antsy to get "out there" now.

Zazzy Peacock needle felted cell phone and camera cases soon to be available at Leila Jewels in Potomac.  These are a unique one-piece seamless construction with a magnetic snap, created through an elaborate process of needle felting and wet felting the wool fibers until they are very strong and durable.  And each one is truly one-of-a-kind. 
Zazzy Peacock Abstract Felted Rings


So, I've decided to explore retail options.  I'm excited to say that I just left 25 items at a beautiful local shop that really shares my modern sense of color and design.  They sell gorgeous jewelry and gift items!  Seriously.  The store is Leila Jewels in the Cabin John Shopping Center in Potomac, Maryland.  They will be selling several of my one-of-a-kind felted gadget cozies, some colorful rings, a few intricately felted and beaded bracelets, and some of my fun purse hooks.  

It feels really good to open new doors and explore new opportunities.  I appreciate Deb Shalom of Leila Jewels giving me this chance.  Wish me luck!  If you're local, please stop by and check it out. 

Time for me to start cooking now. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Zazzy Peacock felted purse hooks with my signature animal print swirls

An example of my intricately felted and beaded bracelets with matching rings.
The sparkle of the crystals balances the earthiness of the felted wool.
The silver-plated lace edge settings add a vintage touch to the modern designs.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment